Monday, September 21, 2009

Let's Have Another Baby!

Ok before anyone goes jumping to conclusions let me set the record straight. No, I am not pregnant! This weekend Jonah was away and Gracie and I found ourselves alone in the house just the two of us all weekend. It's bad enough having Daddy gone and losing that element of entertainment. Take Jonah out of the picture too, and Gracie and I were bored to death! There is only so much baby entertainment to occupy one day. Kevin called me from Kuwait and my first statement was, "let's have another baby." My husband can't wait to try for another boy so his response was of course ok without hesitation.

My Mom used to always say it's easier with two when Jonah was a baby. I never wanted to believe her until going through six years with Jonah being an only child. Now that Gracie is here I can't wait to have another one. Bring on the chaos, bring on the babies. The more the better. Let's have them all close together and be done is what I keep saying. Adding more life to our family makes it so much easier in the big picture, although I am very aware of the not so easy elements that come with lots of children as well. My Mom was right. Two is always better than one. Three is icing on the cake. Four is the cherry on the top. Five is just way too many! Nineteen like the Duggar family is just insanity!

Having my husband gone makes me appreciate and value my children and what they bring to our lives and to each others lives. Gracie loves her brother and I know Jonah loves her just as much even though he would never admit that. Removing one of them from the picture puts us all off balance. Now all we need is Daddy to come home to put the final element of balance back into our lives.