Monday, February 22, 2010

What happen to my baby girl?

Gracie is all of a sudden not so little anymore. She now walks everywhere. Gone are the days of baby steps. She has officially taken off. Every time I see her following behind me or walking across the room, I have to do a quick double take to believe my eyes. Jonah is equally stunned. Tonight we were at the library and she was racing all over the place. Squealing with delight at her new trick. Walking between all of the aisles and searching around every corner. Jonah stopped dead in his tracks and I watched his jaw hit the floor as he stood in awe watching her go.

My little girl is really walking now. It's the most amazing and sad moment all rolled into one. She is such a beautiful spirit and it is devastating that her Daddy has to miss these milestones. When he gets home she won't be walking. She will be running! The perfect speed for Daddy.