Monday, August 3, 2009

Just a little nap.



Today I have a horrible headache. I wanted nothing more than to lay down with my baby girl and take a little nap. Try as I may I can't! I can never nap! What is wrong with me? No matter when or what the circumstances I can never nap! Give birth. Nope! Work an eighteen hour day. Nope! My mind will not shut off. I'm always thinking about what I should be getting done or if my children are breathing and ok.

I blame my father for this looming nap guilt that is always running through my head. Growing up you did not dream of laying on the couch doing nothing. If my sisters and I saw our father pulling in the driveway we would sprint off the couch and race into action pretending that we had been doing something productive. If he was working so were you.

So to this day I can't nap. My husband can lay down for two minutes and be out cold. He likes to say that he's trained to nap anywhere due to being in the military, as catching a quick nap is essential in combat. Maybe I need to enlist in the army to learn this skill. It simply just comes down to me being way to high strung!

At least Gracie can nap. She never naps long, my little cat napper, but she does love to nap off and on all day long.