Monday, July 27, 2009

Carrot Cake

This is my all time favorite dessert! I make this every year on my birthday. Last night I came home to finding my husband making it for me this year. He made it last year as well. He only cooks once a year, and carrot cake is becoming his signature dish. I'm very lucky! I hope you love this as much as we do. It's super simple and so delicious!

Carrot Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
4 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. soda
1 cup oil
3 cups shredded carrots

Mix all ingredients until well incorporated. Don't over mix. Pour into a 9x13 pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 35 minutes. You can layer this cake as well by using two 8" rounds.

Frosting

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 lb. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Slowly add your powdered sugar and vanilla until well incorporated. Frost your cake after it has completely cooled.