Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Great Escape

My husband Kevin has ran from arguments and uncomfortable situations since we first started dating. Back then he would jump into his Denali and drive off circling the neighborhood until he cooled off. Then he would come sulking back begging for forgiveness and all would quickly be forgotten. These days its no longer the once prized Denali. Now it's a motorcycle. No not a Harley, that would be too safe! It's one of those need for speed crotch rockets. I know nothing about what kind it is or how fast it can go, and I honestly could care less. All I know is that it is far too dangerous for a young father of two, and that we make a monthly payment with an ever sky rocketing interest rate every month. Tonight as Kevin attempted the nightly bike riding lesson with Jonah, the boys quickly started butting heads as they often do. Before I knew what had happen Kevin was revving up the engine on the motorcycle and ripping down the road. Then as always a few laps around the block and he came back with a clear head ready for round two of the bike lesson with Jonah. I can't tell you how many arguments my husbands great escape routine have created throughout our relationship. As angry as it always makes me I know that no matter a Denali or a motorcyle Kevin will always need that escape. In the end he always comes home, he always apologizes, and we always start again. Until the next great escape tomorrow!