Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mama your not really that pretty!

It's true! I heard the words that every mother hopes she'll never have to hear one of her sweet children say, "Mama your not really that pretty, and you have acne all over your face." What!! I tried to quickly recover from the painful words that just came out of my six year olds mouth. My mind was a fog trying to come up with something to say in response to keep from bursting into tears. "Well you know Mama just had a baby", and before I could even begin the rest of my excuses for being named the worlds ugliest mom he said "no mama you've always had acne!" Wow! I have nothing left to say or do but to leave the room and try to regain my broken self. Here I am turning the big 30 this month! I just gave birth to my daughter a few short months ago, and although I was back to my prepregnancy weight within days of giving birth I have never felt worse about myself! I hate the way I look, I hate the way I feel, I am pretty much a big ball of hate when it comes to anything that has to do with myself. Now to top it all off my children are now validating everything I was already feeling about myself. Your children spend the first years of there lives looking at you as if you are the most amazing person on the planet. Mommy and Daddy can do no wrong. I could always count on knowing that when I walked through the door and Jonah looked at me his eyes would light up and he would look at me with a love and adoration that no one else ever would. Gone are those days with my Jonahbug. Thank heaven for my little girl who will only have eyes for her Mama for at least six more years if I'm lucky! Unless you have long hair, a sparkly shirt, wear purple eyeshadow, and are named Hannah Montana then you can forget about Jonah wanting anything to do with you! Hearing those words only awoke my spirit to what I need to work on within myself inside and out. With 30 around the corner it's time to get moving and knock the socks off of not only myself but my six year old as well. With a sparkly shirt and purple eyeshadow I'll be a hot mama again in no time!