Sunday, July 12, 2009

Military Cadence

Hail O' Hail O' Calvary! This week started my husbands two week WLC (Warriors Leadership Course) training. His morning starts at 3:30 a.m. and when he crawls into the door late evening he immediately hits the computer to memorize another military cadence to lead the troops the following day. Kevin walks around the house marching with Gracie as he chants cadences like Hail 'O Hail 'O Calvary, & If I Die In A Combat Zone. Gracie looks at her Daddy with smiles and confusion rolled into one. Jonah rolls around on the floor covering his head begging for it to stop. There is no denying it now, we are officially a military family. Our life is filled with cadences, flags, shelves of army issued ACUs, more tan t-shirts then any one human being should ever own, combat boots, MREs, & glow sticks the size of telephone poles. This will prove to be a long two weeks for all of us as the running cadence memorization comes next! If I die in a combat zone are not the words I would typically hope to have running through my head when I close my eyes at night. As I'm humming myself to sleep I'll have a big smile on my face picturing my husband marching around the house with our baby girl in tow attempting to carry a tune while remembering all the words. Left,your left,your left right left.