Sunday, July 19, 2009

How Many More Days?!?!?!

Ok I just counted. Thirty one more days until school starts. That's a whole month left to go! If it wasn't obvious by this blog title Jonah is quickly driving me crazy! He hovers around me like a vulture. Always one step behind me. He is regressing to childhood behaviors, and I'm not sure if it's due to his new sister or the fact that he knows that Kevin is leaving again. He has started pulling my hair again which is a comfort behavior he did through his toddler years. Every time I turn around he is trying to pull my hair! Ahhhhhhhhh. Seriously not ok. He gets this catatonic stance and stares off into space while sucking on his bottom lip and continually pulling my hair.

I told Jonah at the beginning of the summer that this would be a difficult summer with Gracie so small, but that we would do everything we could to make it fun. We can't go swimming due to the fact that the local pool has zero shade and the sun is just too much for Gracie. This is Jonah's biggest complaint. We have talked about getting a pool for the yard, but the fact that he refuses to run through the sprinkler or use his slip n slide has deterred me from acting on this purchase. We have included every possible summer activity into our days, but that is clearly still not enough. He refuses to go outside and play unless I am two feet away from him. Everyday we go through a list of ideas and I'm lucky if he agrees to one. His idea of the perfect day would be sitting in front of the tv from sun up to sun down. Unfortunately for him he knows that I would never agree.

So the countdown begins. I'm thinking of creating my own daily countdown to help me see that the end is in sight. Summer vacation. Every child's dream and every parents nightmare!